- Bluetooth Wireless Technology – Learn more about the Bosch GLM Measure and Document App which is for free
- Remote Control Functionality using the smartphone or tablet app
- Built in inclinometer/tilt sensor – Displays up to 360° in 2 axis, allows accurate degree measurement.
- Multible Measurement Modes: length, area, volume, angle, min/max, continuous, single indirect height, single indirect length, combined indirect height
- Backlit color display with flip screen technology and graphic user interface with animated graphics that simplify the utilization
It is not difficult at all to measure using the GLM 50C. You can choose functions by selecting easy to understand icons on the monitor screen. The display is easy to read and useful animations support the selection of functions and settings.
The flip-display rotates thanks the inclinometer into the portrait- or the landscape-mode.
The buttons need a defined force to push them. Each keystroke can be signaled by a beep if you like that.
If you use the app “GLM measure & document” you can control the GLM 50 C Professional remotely via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth interface and the app work with Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. The app also helps to document measurements.
We have described the possibilities of the app in an article about the interfaces of the GLM 100 C Professional.
- Measuring distances, areas and volumes
- Continuous measurements
- Indirect distance measurements
- Indirect height measurement
- Double indirect height measurement
- Indirect Length Measurement
- Stake out function
- Inclinometer / Digital Level
- Memory function with stack for 30 values
- Addition and subtraction of values
Measuring Accuracy Typ. +/-1/16-in (1.5 mm)
Leveling Accuracy +/- 0.2°
Range from 6 in. up to 165 ft.
Laser Diode Class II
- Laser distance meter GLM 50 C,
- 2 batteries 1.5V AAA,
- Nylon Case,
- Carrying strap,
- Target cards,
- User Manual in many languages,
- Quick start guide,
- Product registration card.
The GLM 50 C Professional is a rather handy rangefinder and is smaller and lighter compared to the GLM 100 C. An important difference between these is that the GLM 50 C is powered by batteries instead of a rechargeable battery. But this is no disadvantage, because dead batteries can be replaced quickly and easily. Charging a battery during a measurement project, however, is complicated.
The nylon carrying case has side walls made of flexible material, yet in my opinion it is a little too close. The GLM 50 C hooks up easily when it gets stuck in the case.
Like all new Bosch Professional laser measurers the GLM 50 C suits the ISO standard 16331-1. Therefore its precision is proven.
If you compare the GLM 50 C with the top rangefinder in the Bosch Professional program (GLM 100 C) you notice that the smaller one does a lot equally well as the top model. Although its price is well below that of the GLM 100 C.
The Bosch GLM 50 C is a good deal if you want to store measurement data using an app. The main differences to the GLM 100 C are the smaller maximum distance and the battery technology. The GLM 50 C brings innovative technology from the Bosch Professional series in a more affordable class. Check Price and Availability
Laser Rangefinder Review Conclusion
The Bosch GLM 50 C performs, with few exceptions, almost as well as the GLM 100 C but at a significantly lower price.
Which are the main areas of application?
- Surveying works, control work, problem representation
- Calculation of material consumption and associated cost
- Taking measurements in hard to reach places remotely with the help of the smartphone or tablet
- Preparation of customer offers based on the photo documentation with easy to understand comments
- Agreement on intermediate steps with distant colleagues based on a digital sketch
- Transmission of material orders directly from the app
- flexible data transfer – via Bluetooth and USB cable after measuring
- taking linear and angular measurements
- Bubble level
- Color display, back lit
- Flip screen
- Android and IOS-App
- App to document measurements and working as remote control
- Nylon case a little bit too narrow/small
- Missing time stamp on measurements stored in memory
- Missing pin (soft shoe) for measurements from corners